The Catholic Cemeteries Association has been closely monitoring the spread of COVID-19 in our surrounding communities. We are following guidelines set by the CDC, the Diocese of Cleveland, and the State of Ohio on how to prevent the spread of COVID-19 while still fulfilling our mission to serve families before, during, and after the death of a loved one.
It is our top priority to keep our employees and the families we serve safe during these stressful times.
With that in mind, here are some updates:
- At this time, all cemetery offices will continue their normal office hours.
- All cemeteries are open for visitation.
- All services will be available with some adjustments.
- In regard to funeral masses specifically, the Diocese of Cleveland has released the following statement: If at all possible we recommended that you schedule a memorial Mass at a time when the current restrictions are lifted. The Rite of Committal may be celebrated at the cemetery with immediate family members only, keeping in mind the call for social distancing. If a funeral Mass is celebrated, the attendees are limited to immediate family members only. We encourage the family to make note in the published obituary that the funeral Mass and burial are private family only events. Please keep in mind the maximum number of persons in attendance according to government directives.
- Cemetery staff has been instructed to expand current sanitation efforts by frequently disinfecting commonly touched surfaces, practicing good handwashing, and enacting other efforts as outlined by the CDC.
Please call your cemetery office at 216-641-7575 if you have further questions.
We will keep you updated as new information and guidelines are released from the CDC, the Diocese of Cleveland, and the State of Ohio. Let us pray that these new efforts may work in preventing the further spread of COVID-19, and that all those affected by this turbulent time may find peace and comfort by turning to our Lord, Jesus Christ.